|You are Here: General Information > Previoius Fair Information > Exposition Report|
Inno Design Tech Expo Report
1. The fifth Inno Design Tech Expo (IDT Expo), organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, Hong Kong Design Centre and Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, was held on 3-5 December 2009 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
2. The Expo brought together 345 exhibitors from Hong Kong, Chinese mainland, France, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Spain and Taiwan. A wide range of commercial design consultancies and business-focused technologies, with an aim to provide a total solution for manufacturers, brand-owners, retailers and business sectors in general, was showcased in the Trade Hall under the following themes:
3. Apart from presenting a strong presence of Hong Kong's design and technology sectors, significant efforts were made to recruit exhibiting groups from around the world. The 2009 Expo partnered with France to showcase French design expertise in architecture and interiors, brand design, industrial design, fashion design, as well as in nurturing new generations of creative professionals. Recognising the Expo's effectiveness as a platform for exploring the abundant business opportunities in Asia, particularly in the Chinese mainland, exhibiting groups from Korea, the Netherlands and Spain presented their third appearance at the Expo to reinforce awareness of their creative expertise, deepen their understanding of the Asian market, as well as strengthen their business contacts in the region.
4. The Inspiration Hall welcomed both trade and public visitors to come into close interaction with some of the best designs and most well-known brands at the new highlights: "From Art to Design" which featured French and Hong Kong designer brands, and "Hong Kong Creative Force" which displayed Hong Kong's achievements in international design and technology competitions. The "Hong Kong 3D Fantasia" premiered a short-film with a feast of Hong Kong's creative works, attracting around 10,000 viewers.
5. To develop a critical mass, the IDT Expo continued to be held concurrently with the HKTDC World SME Expo, the annual flagship event for SMEs to stay abreast of market opportunities and source for business solutions. The Expo also synergised with Business of Design Week (BODW), a week-long programme organised by the Hong Kong Design Centre on design and innovation, for more opportunities in business networking and ideas exchange.
6. The Expo's Trade Hall recorded 13,601 trade visitors. Together with the Inspiration Hall, there were a total of 30,900 visits by both trade and public. The results reflected a strong demand for innovative solutions among business sectors, as well as a general interest in appreciating and understanding the value of design and innovation.
7. The seminars and forums continue to be popular among the Expo's visitors. In the Trade Hall, business-oriented topics ranged from design and brand strategy to green and energy-saving technology to help enterprises move up the value chain. The Inno Talks at the Inspiration Hall attracted both trade and public audiences with a series of interactive forums which featured industry heavyweights as well as rising stars of Hong Kong's creative professions.
8. To facilitate business networking, activities such as cocktail receptions, networking luncheons and business matching meetings were organised to link up exhibitors with their potential clients and business partners.
9. A survey conducted at the Expo showed that the event was well-received by exhibitors and visitors alike. Exhibitors considered the Expo useful for promoting their company image, and obtaining the latest market information. Visitors were also satisfied by the technology and design solutions presented at the Expo.
10. The next IDT Expo will be held on 2-4 December 2010. Following the successful partnership with France in 2009, we shall welcome Japan as our partner country for the 2010 Expo to introduce innovative Japanese design and technology.
|* The information of this web site is subject to change|